Wednesday, February 23, 2011

My First Post

This is my first posting of my first blog. I am excited and a bit apprehensive as I am not sure what to expect. This blog is to help keep me on track with fiishing my first dollhouse. I received the Dura-Craft Bayberry Cottage for Christmas 2001 from my grandparents, but have always wanted a dollhouse since I was a little girl. One of my friends had a dollhouse and I loved playing with it when I went over to her house, and one of my favorite attractions at the Omaha Children's Museum before they got revamped was this antique dollhosue they had in a glass case. I always wanted one and was so happy to finally get my dollhouse.

After getting it, my dad and I got the shell painted and built. The outside of the house is painted Oxford Blue by Glidden Paints. I know they are a house paint, but I had no idea that I could use acrylic paints, so I went to the local Home Depot and bought paint. I am planning to finish the trim and accent details on the outside in white and Bayberry Green by Folk Art acrylic paint. There are five rooms in the house and the plans are for living room, kitchen/dining room, bedroom, bathroom and a sacred space/meditation room as the occupant of my house is pagan like me. The living room will be blue in color; the kitchen/dining room will be a light green with white and natural light wood colors; the bedroom is going to be purple (my favorite color, so one room had to be this color); the bathroom is going to be a light pink color; and sacred space/meditation room will be natural wood with green, purple and maybe blue.

Well that is my ideas for now. Tomorrow I will post pictures of the house, wallpaper, paint, and some minis I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment